Thursday, May 7, 2009

Jawbreaker

At exactly 3:00 inside my room on a gloomy and rainy (stormy, rather) Wednesday afternoon, I finally finished Breaking Dawn! Insert dancing banana here.

FINALLY, after somewhat holding back myself from reading books other than my hideous-looking books on Nursing─ Medical Surgical book on the top of my list, of course, a.j.c.a (also jokingly called as) the most accessible and effective sedative there’s no need of a sleeping pill for the insomniacs─ I finally finished the book (Breaking Dawn) that has always been my priority-must-read-book. This vacation seems to be the perfect timing for this─ I thought it seemed inappropriate to call it a summer vacation when there’s a lot of storm approaching. It feels good to finally be given the luxury of time to splurge on leisure readings. Let’s cheers to that!

It’s roughly the second week of my much awaited vacation and since there’s nothing much to do really aside from watching some crappy pirated DVDs with my cousins from Manila who arrived also last week, I’ve settled myself to just read and read and read until there’s no more books to read with the hope of letting me get me through my last week of my vacation (probably my last vacation, I fear so) and now that there’s no more books to read the boredom seems to be taking effect now, killing me piece by piece.

Okay, enough of the drama.

Since thinking about boredom alone is altogether boring already I might as well shrug away from the thought and try think of positive thoughts and find myself of something to do so now I’m here, getting myself into the blogging scene again! Cheers to that! I really really missed blogging. It’s been like forever since my last post and I feel quite bad about it. It’s like I’ve forsaken a very important part of me: my love for writing. I promise myself I will be better. I will make up and keep up.

So anyway, I’ve finished 4 books so far: The Zahir by Paolo Coelho, Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella, There’s no place like here by Cecilia Aher and finally, Breaking Dawn by nonetheless, the genius, Stephenie Meyer. I enjoyed myself reading all these books, I love them all, each one of them equally worth-reading but my fave (I have a favorite, of course) is Confessions of a Shopaholic. It’s a really good book─ Rebecca Bloomwood is the funniest! Cecilia Ahern’s piece is also loved. I really appreciated the story and it’s lesson─ I’ve learned a lot from it. Sandy Shortt, the heroine of the story is so much like me in many ways. Although I found Breaking Dawn a priority, I found it─ as what many others have called it─ the downfall of the Twilight Saga. I don’t know, maybe Twilight has been my rock-solid-favorite-of-all-time among the four books that I didn’t really appreciated the other books that much. I mean, they don’t weigh equally as Twilight, sort of a thing like that. Do I make sense? Haha. I can’t explain, really. Maybe I found the “firsts” the best like for example, Legally Blonde 1, I think, is better than Legally Blonde 2 or the first season of Grey’s Anatomy is my fave of all the seasons, but of course, we all know that all the season of GA’s are one of a kind. OR maybe each one unique as the other─ that explains it, I think. End of the story. Haha. But anyway it feels good to finally finish Breaking Dawn. It just feels good to feel a sense of fulfilment and accomplishment =)

With that I couldn’t be any more thankful for having created literature, if someone created literature that is.

Currently listening to: Longer by Dan Fogelberg. Senti mode.
Mood: Relaxed, ecstatic and a bit bored.

I know you missed me.

Xoxo,
Apple (K)

0 comments: